INFORMATION REGARDING COOKIES
- Who is the controller of your data?
- What are Cookies and other similar technologies?
- What categories of your data do we collect and use?
- Types of Cookies used on our Website
- Why do we collect your data?
- How long do we retain your data?
- Cookies management
- Contact details of the data controller and your data protection rights
- Contact details of our data protection officer (DPO)
2. Who is the controller of your data?
When this policy mentions “Company”, “we,” “us,” “our” or “Data Controller”, it refers to:
3. What are Cookies and other similar technologies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer, hard drive, smartphone or tablet (hereinafter referred to as, “Device”). These Cookies hold a modest amount of data specific to you and allows a server to deliver a page tailored to you on your Device.
On our Properties we can also use other similar technologies referred to as “tags” (such as, “tracking pixels”, or “script”), “HTML5 local storage”, “web beacons” or “plugins” as well as “software development kits” (SDKs) and fingerprinting techniques, which are in particular technologies that store or access information on the user’s device in order to identify it so that visits to a website can be analysed.
These similar technologies may also be used together with Cookies to enable information to be stored on, or transmitted to and from, the Device you use to access our Properties.
Furthermore, by implementing the cookies and other similar technologies described above, if you return to our Properties, this can read and recognise such technologies, which primarily are used to operate or improve the way our Website works as well as to provide business and marketing information to the Website owner.
4. What categories of your data do we collect and use?
When you visit the Website (you as a “User”) the following categories of personal data are collected:
– Information about your visits to and use of the Website and/or of our services, such as information about the Device and browser you are using, your IP address or domain names of the computers connected to the Websites, uniform resource identifiers for requests made, the time of request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the archive obtained as a response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (correct, error, etc.) and other parameters relative to the operating system and the computer environment used, the date and time that you visited, the duration of your visit, the referral source and website navigation paths of your visit and your interactions on the Website including the services and offers you are interested in. Please note that we may associate this information with your account.
Please see the following clause of this Policy for further information on the purposes for which we collect and use this information.
5. Types of Cookies used on our Website
5.1. Types of Cookies according to the managing entity
This Website uses only First party Cookies, which are sent to your Device from a website or domain managed by us and from which the service you requested is provided.
5.2. Types of Cookies according to the length of time you stay connected:
Depending on the amount of time you remain active on your Device, these are the following types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies: these are designed to receive and store data while you access the Website. These Cookies do not remain stored on your Device when you exit the browser session or the Website.
- Persistent Cookies: these types of Cookies remain stored on your Device and can be accessed and processed after you exit the Website as well as when you navigate on it for a pre-determined period of time. The Cookie remains on the hard drive until it reaches its expiration date. The maximum time we use persistent Cookies on our Website is 1 year. At this point the browser would purge the Cookie from the hard drive.
5.3. Types of Cookies and other similar technologies according to their purpose
This Website uses only Technical Cookies, which are strictly necessary for the operation of our Website and are essential for browsing and allow the use of various features. Without them, for example, you cannot use certain features of our Website or request other services offered on the same Website.
We use these cookies also to measure traffic statistics and the performance of different versions of the same website (commonly called ” A/B tests”) to detect navigation problems and organize the content, as well for security purposes.
6. Why do we collect your data?
A. To create and maintain the contractual relation established for the provision of the Service requested by you in all its phases and by way of any possible integration and modification.
On which legal basis?
To provide a requested service
B. To meet the legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and to respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
On which legal basis?
To comply with the law
C. To carry out anonymous, aggregative statistical analyses so that we can see how our Website, our services are being used and how our business is performing.
On which legal basis?
On the “strictly necessary” exemption (where applicable, i.e. improving the operations and the day-by-day administration of our website or application), or where you give your consent through the Cookie banner or by your browser’s settings)
7. How long do we retain your data?
We retain your personal data for as long as is required to achieve the purposes and fulfil the activities as set out in this Cookies Policy, otherwise communicated to you or for as long as is permitted by applicable law. Further information about the retention period is available here:
Data collected via tag
Max 3 years
From the date of browsing on our websites or App
8. Cookies management
You must keep in mind that if your Device does not have Cookies enabled, your experience on the Website may be limited, thereby impeding the navigation and use of our services.
8.1 How do I disable/enable Cookies?
There are a number of ways to manage Cookies. By modifying your browser settings, you can opt to disable Cookies or receive a notification before accepting them. You can also erase all Cookies installed in your browser’s Cookie folder. Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring Cookies. Here’s how you manage Cookies in the various major browsers:
If you use another browser, please read its help menu for more information.
If you would like information about managing Cookies on your tablet or smartphone, please read the related documentation or help archives online.
9. Contact details of the data controller and your data protection rights
The contact details of the Data Controller of the data processing described hereinabove are:
Madfish S.r.L., an Italian company belonging to the lm group, with registered office at Via del Don, 3 – 20123 Milan (Italy), Company Number/VAT Number: 08621450967, Register Number MI-2037697.
10. Contact details of our data protection officer (DPO)
Our Data Protection Officer (or “DPO”) is available at:
- Via del Don, 3 – 20123 Milan (Italy)